Film Poster Deconstruction - Essay

The First deconstruction that I will be doing is for a film poster, and this will be in the style of an essay, the poster that I have decided to use is from the film 'Prom Night' as this fits in with the horror/slasher genre of my film, and so I can relate this deconstruction to my own ancillary task, it shows alot of typical horror conventions and his given me inspiration towards my own product as I also plan on using a screaming face as the main image for my film poster.

2 comments:

  1. Have you taken anything from these deconstructions that has been inspiring in your own creative process? If so, what ? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The screaming face used on the cover of the prom night poster inspired me for the facial expression of Kayleigh used on my film poster. I also took ideas from the dark backgrounds, and colour schemes used in these posters/magazines covers and ideas for the positioning of taglines, film titles, cast names etc.

    ReplyDelete